A childhood favorite my mother used to make for me that I think everyone would enjoy :)
- 1 no18 fresh Tegal chicken-joint-Remove skin & dust with flour
- 1 medium brown onion chopped
- 250gm mushrooms sliced
- 1 can Watties mushroom soup
- 25gm butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup pouring cream
- Salt & pepper to season when meal is cooked
- Heat oven to 180C.
- With one tablespoon of oil fry onions till translucent, add to casserole dish.
- Add half the butter to the same pan + sauté the mushrooms, these are also added to the casserole.
- Use remainder of butter + the other tablespoon of oil to seal the chicken until it is lightly brown, this is also added to the onions and mushrooms in the casserole.
- Add the tin of Watties mushroom soup with half a cup of water into the pan along with the sediments of chicken etc. Bring to the boil stirring well to blend.
- Pour this sauce into the casserole + gently coat the contents.
- After cooking for one hour check to see if chicken is cooked. Add the cream then return dish to the oven to reheat for about 10mins without the casserole lid.
- Serve with peas + cream potatoes.