Chicken tikka with green bean salad
Looking for the perfect Summer salad that the kids will adore? Then look no further than our chicken tikka with a green bean salad! Inspired by the flavours of India, the tender chicken skewers pair perfectly with our seasonal green bean and potato salad, dressed in a gently spiced mustard dressing.
- 800g skinless chicken breasts, diced or pre-made chicken skewers
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup Indian curry paste, of your choice
- 500g new potatoes
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- 2tsp Pams honey, warmed
- 1tsp curry powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1tsp mustard seeds (optional)
- Pams Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- Lemon wedges, to serve
TIP: Amplify the textures in this recipe by serving with light and crispy pappadums for a deliciously crunchy surprise!
- In a bowl, combine the diced chicken, Greek yoghurt and curry paste in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then mix to combine. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, boil the new potatoes for 12-15 minutes or until tender when tested with a knife. Drain, set aside to cool, then bring another pot of water to the boil. Add the green beans and peas to the boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the beans are tender, but still al dente. Drain and set aside.
- To make the salad dressing, whisk together the mustard, honey, curry powder, lemon juice and mustard seeds. While whisking, stream in 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Thread the marinated chicken pieces onto metal (or soaked wooden) skewers. Bring a grill pan or BBQ to a medium to high heat, then cook the skewers for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and the chicken is completely cooked through.
- To assemble the salad, begin by slicing the cooked potatoes, then arrange on a platter with the green beans and peas. Sprinkle the chopped herbs and sliced onion over the top, then spoon the dressing over the top.
- Serve the salad alongside the cooked chicken tikka skewers, with fresh lemon wedges to garnish.