Chicken breast in white wine sauce
"I picked up this recipe from a friend 15 years ago and I've been cooking it for friends and family ever since. It is one of my favourite dishes to cook. 5 ingredients, 30 minutes - done! Simple but delicious!"
- 4 chicken breasts
- 200ml sauvignon blanc
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 6 small pickling onions, peeled (not pickled!)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and toss them in some flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan (with a lid) and fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, thyme, onions and finally the wine.
- Put the lid on and let it simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad, homemade garlic bread and a glass of the (cooking) wine. Enjoy!!!