Soft chilli chicken tacos
Take a taste of Mexico with this true Mexican themed spicy dish courtesy of Tegel World Kitchen.
View the method
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 onion
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 red chillis, charred in a dry pan
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup stock
- 2 capsicum chopped
Back to ingredients
- Poach chicken by putting in a pot and covering with water.
- Add half a chopped onion, bay leaf, salt & pepper.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the stock then remove and shred using two forks.
- Save the stock to add to chilli chicken mix.
Chilli Chicken Filling
- Heat the oil in the pan and add 1 chopped onion, saute gently until softened.
- Add the tomatoes (grate these into a pan), chopped capsicum, chillies, cumin seeds and garlic.
- Add the shredded chicken and stock and cook gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and season as required.
Serve with soft warm tortilla and other condiments of your choice e.g. guacamole, salsa, shredded lettuce and soft cheese.