- 1 large chicken breast
- 400ml + 125ml coconut milk
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 150g noodles, cooked as per pack instruction
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime or ½ lemon
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- ½ carrot, julienned
- Handful fresh torn mint and coriander leaves
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 2 Tbsp chopped peanuts
- Place the chicken breast in a saucepan, and pour over 400ml of coconut milk. Add the sliced ginger and a pinch of salt, then place over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then poach for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breast from the coconut milk mixture, then set aside to cool in the refrigerator. Once cool, use two forks to shred the chicken and set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce. Divide amongst two large jars with lids, then evenly divide the cooked noodles amongst the jars.
- Top with the shredded chicken, followed by julienned carrot, herbs, lettuce and bean sprouts. Finish by sprinkling chopped peanuts over the top, then seal with a lid.
- Place into the refrigerator until required, then to serve, tip the salad jars into a serving bowl and toss to combine. Keep stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.