Creamy sun-dried tomato chicken
This keto friendly dish is not only mouth watering to look at, but will have your taste buds singing on the first bite! Quick and easy to prepare and made with readily available ingredients, a keto meal has never tasted better.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup + ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- 20g butter
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 200ml chicken stock
- 300ml cream
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Place the ½ cup grated parmesan on a plate, then use to lightly coat the chicken thighs and set aside.
- Bring a large, heavy based frying pan to a medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Pan fry the chicken thighs for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden, then place on a clean plate and set aside.
- Reduce the same pan to a low to medium heat, then add the butter and stir until melted. Add the diced onion, garlic, oregano and sundried tomatoes, then saute for a few minutes or until the onion has started to become translucent.
- Once the onion mixture has softened, add the chicken stock and cream. Stir well to combine, then return the chicken thighs to the pan. Bring to a simmer, then leave to reduce for 4-5 minutes; or until the sauce has thickened slightly, and the chicken thighs have cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then garnish with the remaining grated parmesan and parsley to serve.