Crispy chicken strips
Great for a weeknight meal, these coated chicken strips will appeal to all ages. Fantastic served with homemade potato wedges and a selection of fresh vegetables and baked beans! You can even prepare them the night before and pop them in the oven when you get home.
- 750g boneless skinless chicken breasts (approximately 3 breasts)
- ½ cup flour seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (approximately 2 slices of bread)
- ½ teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthways into 2 or 3 even sized strips.
- Put the seasoned flour into one bowl.
- Beat the egg and water in a second bowl.
- Measure the cornflakes into a third bowl and lightly crush them with your hands.
- Add the breadcrumbs and curry powder (if using) to the cornflakes and mix together.
- Coat the chicken pieces by evenly coating in the flour, then coating in the egg, and finally coating in the cornflake mixture.
- Place the coated chicken pieces on the lined baking tray.
- Drizzle lightly with oil
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and the thickest part is no longer pink when cut through.
It's easier to work with a few strips at a time and try to keep one hand for the dry ingredients and one for the wet to avoid big clumps of coating on your fingers.