- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder or granules
- 3-4 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks
- Coleslaw of your choice, to serve
- In a bowl, whisk together the warmed milk and white vinegar. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the milk to turn into buttermilk, then submerge the chicken drumsticks and allow to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees celsius fan bake. Once the chicken has marinated, remove from the buttermilk, shaking off any excess buttermilk, and reserve the remaining buttermilk.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumb the drumsticks by dusting with seasoned flour, dipping back into the buttermilk, then coating with crushed cornflakes.
- Lay the coated drumsticks onto an oiled wire rack, set on top of a baking dish. Place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden, crispy and cooked through.
- Serve the cooked drumsticks alongside your favourite dressed coleslaw and enjoy.
TOP TIP: If you like your chicken a little spicy, add 1tsp of chilli powder or cayenne pepper to the flour mixture for a subtle kick!