Easy Butter Chicken
This butter chicken recipe is perfect when you are looking for a quick mid-week curry to please. We love that it can be on the table in just 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with poppadoms to help bring the taste of India into your home!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely choppped
- 500g chicken thigh meat, boneless and skinless, cut into 2cm pieces
- 375g pouch Wattie’s Curry Creations Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce
- ¼ - ⅓ cup unsweetened Greek-style yoghurt or cream
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Naan bread or poppadoms (optional)
- Heat a dash of oil in a saucepan or frying pan. Add onion and fry over medium heat until beginning to soften. Add ginger and garlic and allow them to sizzle but do not burn. Increase the heat and add the chicken and stir-fry until it colours.
- Pour over Wattie’s Curry Creations Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce. Bring sauce to nearly boiling. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has reduced a little.
- Remove from the heat and stir through yoghurt or cream.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve with basmati rice, green beans and naan bread or poppadoms on the side.