Grilled chicken burger
A juicy mouth-watering chicken burger with a heart-warming kick of heat. A great “takeaways at home” dinner or snack.
- 4 burger buns
- ½ iceberg lettuce shredded
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 bag Tegel Take Outs Flame Grilled Chicken Steaks
- 1 cup cherry tomato sauce
- Tomato sauce:
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red Onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chilli diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Handful fresh herbs, basil, oregano, thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
1. In a saucepan over medium-low heat combine the cherry tomatoes, red onion, balsamic vinegar, chilli, garlic, herbs, sugar, salt and pepper.
2. Simmer for about 15 minutes then mash the tomatoes to release the juices.
3. Continue to cook stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens.
4. Allow to cool slightly before using on burgers.
5. To assemble burger; toast bun, add lettuce and mayo, top with flame grilled chicken steak and a generous helping of tomato sauce.