Anika's Go-To roast chicken
This classic roast chicken is perfect to cook every Sunday. It's easy to make and deliciously served with vegetables and gravy. Make this your Go-To!
View the method
- 1 size 14-16 whole chicken
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 Tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Olive or avocado oil
- 1kg Agria potatoes, washed and peeled
- 250g broccolini
- 200g baby carrots, or large carrots cut into sticks
- Gravy, to serve
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Pat the chicken dry, and place in a roasting tray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mixed herbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper and generous drizzle of oil. Spread evenly over the entire chicken. Place the halved lemon in the cavity, then put the chicken into the oven for 90 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of water, then set on the stove. Bring to a boil, and cook until just tender when tested with a knife. Drain well.
- Drizzle generously with oil and season well, then scatter the potatoes onto a roasting tray. Place into the oven for 60 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Steam or boil the broccolini and carrots, then serve alongside the roasted chicken, crispy potatoes and gravy.