Grilled chicken thighs with spicy brazilian sauces
This is for when you crave the taste of the Brazilian BBQ, churrasco, but the weather is not on your side. Here is a recipe for grilled chicken skewers with some fabulous dipping sauces.
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- Crushed garlic
- Sea salt
- Fresh lime (or lemon) juice
- Olive oil
- Marinate the chicken for as long as possible, even overnight.
- Thread the thighs onto metal skewers.
- Heat a grill plate on the gas hob and when hot, brush each skewer with oil and place on the grill. Allow to colour up before turning - a bit of charring will encourage the bbq flavours!
- Once browned all over, turn the heat down and cook slowly until cooked through. Serve on platters with sauces and salads as follows
Sauces for Chicken Skewers
Tomato & Vinegar:
- In a bowl, grate 2 medium-size firm tomatoes to a pulp and ½ red onion, also grated. Add 1 Tbsp chopped coriander and add a dash of vinegar. Mix well and leave to stand.
- In a mortar & pestle (or blender) mix 2 cloves garlic, pinch of salt, 2 spring onions (chopped), 1 chilli pepper, 2 tablespoons each of chopped coriander and parsley, juice from one lime, 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Work it until a loose paste is formed. Set aside.
- In a mortar and pestle, macerate 3 Tbsp rosemary leaves, the juice of one lemon, salt, and olive oil.