Herby chicken traybake
Relish the flavours of Autumn with our herby chicken drumstick and buttercup pumpkin traybake! Cooked in one tray, and ready to enjoy in under 45 minutes, this quick and easy dinner recipe is divine.
- 1kg chicken drumsticks
- ½ buttercup pumpkin, cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp dried mixed herbs
- Olive oil
- ½ red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 50g feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake. Place the chicken drumsticks, buttercup wedges and red onion into a roasting dish, then sprinkle the mixed herbs over the top. Drizzle generously with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken and vegetables to coat in the herbs and seasoning, then place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, turning once during the cooking time.
- After 20 minutes, drizzle the honey over the chicken and vegetables and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Once cooked, sprinkle the lemon zest over the tray bake then follow with lemon juice. Crumble the feta over the top, then finish with the chopped hazelnuts. Serve while hot and enjoy.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
TIP: For a pop of green, serve this tray bake alongside a green salad or some lightly sautéed, garlicky greens.