Hokkien noodles and chicken salad
Hokkien noodles are a tasty and healthy alternative that the whole family is sure to enjoy. Add Allyson Gofton's Chinese dressing and pre-cooked hot chicken for an instant healthy meal!
View the method
- 1 hot precooked chicken
- 400g pre-cooked hokkien noodles
- 4 spring onions (trimmed)
- 2 stalks celery (trimmed)
- 1 red peppers (deseeded)
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup oil
Back to ingredients
- Reheat the hokkien noodles in boiling salted water, drain well and place in a large bowl. Pull the meat from the chicken, shred into bite-sized pieces and add to the noodles.
- Finely slice the spring onions, celery and red peppers and add to the noodles with the peanuts.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and toss through the warm noodle mixture.
- Pile into bowls to serve garnished with rocket, coriander or parsley leaves if wished.