Honey mustard chicken and potatoes
This delicious meal of honey mustard chicken and golden roast potatoes makes for a winning weeknight dinner! With just two main ingredients and finished off with a zesty, honey mustard dressing, the whole whānau will be asking for seconds.
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 4 chicken breast
- 650g potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon
- 1 ½ Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Preheat your oven to 200°C fan bake. In a large bowl, combine the dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons of the honey, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat, then set aside while you prepare the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a large roasting dish and toss together with a generous drizzle of olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the roasting dish carefully from the oven, nestle the chicken into the dish and bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and the chicken has cooked through. Allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Once the chicken and potatoes have nearly finished cooking, whisk together the garlic, zest and juice of the lemon, wholegrain mustard and remaining honey with a quarter cup of olive oil in a small bowl or jug until well combined. Season to taste.
- Serve the chicken and potatoes with a drizzle of honey mustard dressing and enjoy!
Top tip: Complete this scrumptious meal with some leafy salad greens or torn lettuce leaves served alongside the chicken and potatoes before drizzling over the honey mustard dressing!