- 400g chicken tenderloins, cut into bite-size pieces
- ⅓ cup Pams Honey Soy Simmer Sauce
- 2 cups Pams Short Grain Rice
- ¼ green cabbage or ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Pams White Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Pams Soy Sauce
- 1 ½ cups Pams Maize Cornflour
- Pams Rice Bran Oil, for deep frying
- Place the chicken in a mixing bowl, add the simmer sauce, season well with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook rice as per packet instructions.
- To make the pickle, place the cabbage or cucumber in a mixing bowl with the vinegar and soy sauce, toss to combine. Leave to sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
- Place the cornflour in a shallow bowl and dip each piece of chicken in the flour, making sure you pack the flour firmly on the chicken. Gently shake off any excess.
- Heat enough oil in a saucepan or high-sided fry pan to deep fry the chicken. Working in batches, fry the chicken pieces, turning occasionally, until deep golden brown and cooked through. This should take 4 minutes. Drain off any excess oil on paper towels.
- To serve, evenly divide the rice amongst four bowls. Top with the fried chicken and pickled vegetables, then garnish as desired.
Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, pickled ginger, sliced spring onions and a squeeze of Japanese mayo.