- 700g of diced uncooked chicken
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 1 medium to large capsicum
- 8-10 portobello mushrooms
- Zaatar spice blend - enough to coat chicken (about 2 tbsp.)
- 5 tablespoons of grapeseed oil or other mild flavoured oil
- 4 medium sized bulbs of bok choy with leaves/washed with bulb end slightly trimmed.
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- 250g of traditional or lite sour cream
- A pinch of tarragon
- A pinch of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika (regular or smoked preferably) to garnish
- Harissa/sambal oleck/chili (optional)
- Lightly coat chicken with Zaatar and grapeseed oil. Leave to one side for 20-25 minutes.
- Saute onion and capsicum together lightly. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms lightly in same pan and set aside.
- Place chicken mixture in pan in which onion and mushrooms have been sauteed, adding extra oil as necessary. Cook chicken until tender. Add onion, capsicum and mushrooms.
- Heat through. Leave to cool slightly. Add sour cream, tarragon and oregano.
- While chicken is cooking - cook rice in either a microwave or pot. Rice will cook in approx 12 minutes in a microwave, a little longer in a pot.
- Saute Bok Choy in grapeseed oil until crunchy and still green.
- To serve, place a serving of rice on a plate. Top with a portion of Bok Choy followed by topping of chicken mixture. Garnish with paprika. Harissa/sambal oleck or chilli can be used as an accompaniment.