Indian inspired one-pot chicken
This Indian-inspired one-pot chicken and rice dish is the perfect recipe for your busy family. With pieces of tender chicken, pops of juicy and sweet raisins and fluffy rice, this dish is deliciously easy to make any time of the year.
- 500g boneless chicken, diced
- ⅓ cup Indian curry paste of your choice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice, well rinsed
- 2 ½ cups of chicken stock
- In a bowl, stir together the diced chicken, curry paste and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a casserole dish to medium heat with a good glug of oil. Sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes or until they have started to soften.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes. Stir through the raisins and sliced almonds.
- Scatter the rinsed rice into the dish, then pour over the stock. Bring to the boil, then cover with a tight-fitting lid and reduce the heat slightly.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then leave covered for 10 minutes to allow the rice to finish cooking. Serve while hot!
Elevate this dish with a sprinkling of coriander, mint, pomegranate and serve with a dollop of raita or cucumber yoghurt.