Peach BBQ chicken skewers
Healthy yet tasty, these sticky chicken skewers are a fantastic option for any barbecue. You’ll love the pairing of fresh local peaches with beautifully barbecued chicken – and the summery side salad is the perfect accompaniment.
View the method
- 1 tablespoon Pams Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Pams Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pams Finest Soy Sauce
- 1 cup chopped peeled peaches
- 500g boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 130g rocket
- 2 peaches, extra, sliced
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Crusty bread, to serve
- ¼ cup Pams Olive Oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Pams Clover Honey
Back to ingredients
- Place the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Add the vinegar, tomato sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce and chopped peaches. Bring to the boil then allow to simmer for 10 minutes, or until the peaches are soft and the sauce has reduced. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Pour the cooled peach mixture into a blender, then purée until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place half the peach sauce in a non-metallic bowl. Add the chicken and turn to completely coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours. Cover and refrigerate the remaining sauce.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the honey dressing, place the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and honey in a small bowl. Mix well to combine, then set aside.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers. Cook on a preheated barbecue for 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, turning once and basting with the remaining sauce during cooking.
- Place the rocket and extra peaches into a bowl. Drizzle with the dressing, top with pumpkin seeds. Serve the chicken with the salad and crusty bread.
- Make this meal a little fancier by adding 1 tablespoon of chipotle sauce to the marinade, and adding 50g of blanched sugar snap peas to the salad.
- Don’t have time to make the dressing? Just use Pams Honey Mustard Dressing instead.