Peanut chicken rice bowls
Simple and delicious, these peanut chicken rice bowls combine flavoursome satay chicken with punchy pickled vegetables for a truly divine weeknight meal. Alternatively, meal prep this recipe on a Sunday for tasty lunches! Just keep the pickled vegetables in a separate container to add when serving.
- ¼ cup Pams white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1tsp salt
- ½ Telegraph cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup Pams smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp Pams soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Pams sesame oil
- Steamed Pams jasmine rice, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius. In a bowl, combine the vinegar, caster sugar and salt with ½ cup of warm water. Stir until the sugar and salt has dissolved, then add the cucumber and carrot and set aside to pickle.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce and sesame oil until smooth, with a dash of boiling water if needed.
- Place half of the peanut sauce into a jug or bowl for serving and set aside, then place the chicken into the remaining peanut sauce. Rub the sauce over the chicken thighs, then lay onto a baking tray and season with pepper.
- Grill the chicken thighs for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, turning after 10 minutes. Once cooked, slice into large strips.
- Serve the cooked chicken on top of steamed jasmine rice, alongside the pickled cucumber and carrot. Spoon the remaining peanut sauce over the chicken and serve.
Skill level: Easy
Garnish this dish with chopped roasted peanuts, sliced chilli and fresh coriander leaves for a fragrant finish.
Serve with a side of Pams Asian Sesame Slaw for an added boost of vegetables.