Roasted chicken with brown butter sprouts
Try this recipe for crisp and juicy roasted chicken legs. We have served this dish with delicious chef level Brussels sprouts, coated in brown butter this side dish will become a new favourite! Brown butter transforms the humble brassica into a side dish even the kids will enjoy.
- 4 whole chicken legs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 400g Pams Brussels sprouts, cut into halves
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest only
- Preheat your oven to 200°C fan bake. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and place the legs into a roasting dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, garlic, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Use a pastry brush to coat the chicken with the mixture, then roast for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- For the Brussels sprouts, place a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the sprouts and sauté for a few minutes before pouring over
¾ cup of water. Allow the water to completely evaporate while the sprouts steam, cooking until just tender.
- Once the sprouts have cooked, lower to a medium heat, add a few generous knobs of butter and toss until the sprouts are coated and the butter has browned. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve alongside the roasted chicken. For a fresh and zesty pairing, check out the tip below.
Master chef-inspired tip
An Italian gremolata sauce is a fresh and delicious addition to this dish. Simply combine ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley, one finely chopped garlic clove, the zest of a lemon and a drizzle of olive oil and spoon over the roasted chicken when serving.