- 8 long sprigs rosemary
- 500g chicken tenderloins, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh oregano or parsley, finely chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans
- ½ brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- Strip ¾ of the rosemary leaves from each of the sprigs, leaving a few centimetres of leaves on the top. Trim the stalk end by cutting diagonally to create a sharp point and finely chop the removed rosemary leaves.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken with the finely grated zest of the lemon, a generous drizzle of olive oil, half of the chopped rosemary and salt and pepper. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To make the salmoriglio, combine the garlic, juice of the lemon, chopped oregano, remaining chopped rosemary, two tablespoons of olive oil and two tablespoons of warm water. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken has marinated, thread the chicken pieces onto the rosemary sprig skewers. Grill the skewers on a preheated grill pan or BBQ over medium-high heat until the chicken has browned and cooked through.
- Serve the skewers while hot, drizzled with the salmoriglio dressing.
Elevate the skewers with a silky-smooth cannellini bean puree. Simply slice and sauté half a brown onion and two minced cloves of garlic in olive oil until soft and translucent. Combine with a tin of drained cannellini beans, then using a blender or stick blender, puree until smooth; adding dashes of warm water if needed to reach a smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper and a generous squeeze of lemon juice.