Sesame soy chicken bake
This tray bake wonder is packed with flavour and affordable ingredients, ideal for an easy to make weeknight dinner.
- 1kg Turks Chicken Drumsticks or Nibbles
- ¼ + ¼ cup soy sauce*
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp rice wine or white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp runny honey
- 2 cups Pams Jasmine rice
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 200g Pams button mushrooms, quartered
- 1L chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g broccoli, cut into pieces
- Toasted sesame seeds and sliced spring onion, to garnish
*Use gluten free soy sauce to make this recipe gluten free.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, ¼ cup soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine or white vinegar and honey. Leave to marinade for 15-30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the rice, garlic, ginger, onion and mushrooms, then transfer to a baking dish. Pour over the stock and remaining soy sauce, then stir gently to combine.
- Nestle the chicken pieces amongst the rice mixture, reserving any remaining marinade. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, then pour over the remaining marinade and nestle the broccoli amongst the chicken. Return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes or until the liquid has absorbed and the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish the cooked dish with sesame and spring onion if desired, and serve immediately.