Sundried tomato caprese stuffed chicken
Ridiculously delicious and easy to make, this sundried tomato caprese stuffed chicken breast needs to feature on the dinner table tonight. Serve with roasted pumpkin and your favourite leafy greens dressed with balsamic glaze for a tasty meal solution.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup basil leaves + extra to garnish
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 200°C fan bake. Cut 5-6 slices into each chicken breast using a sharp knife, making sure to not cut all the way through, then place on a lined baking tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each slice in the chicken first with the grated mozzarella, followed by pieces of sundried tomato, sliced garlic and basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Serve while hot, and garnish with extra basil leaves if desired.
Nestle in some sliced olives or red onion when stuffing the chicken for an added pop of flavour!
Roast your pumpkin or seasonal in the same oven tray for a simple clean up!