Sweet chilli chicken
- 500g skinless chicken breast*, cubed
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- Pepper, to taste
- Oil, for frying
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce, to coat
- 4 cobs corn*, kernels removed
- 2 courgettes*, grated
- 2 capsicums*, diced
- 200g cheese*, grated
- 1/3 cucumber*, sliced or cubed
- Half packet or 100g radish*, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon vinegar or vinaigrette
* These ingredients are shared with other recipes from the summer weekly meal planner.
- Combine all the quick pickle ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Heat oven to 200C bake or 180C fan. Grease a wide baking dish.
- Combine corn, courgettes, capsicums and half of the cheese in a bowl, transfer into the baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted and begins to turn golden brown.
- Combine chicken, cornflour and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat a frying pan on the stove over high heat, add enough oil to form a coating on the bottom of the pan.
- Fry the chicken in batches until it is crisp, golden brown, and cooked through. Set aside. Once all the chicken is cooked transfer into a bowl and gently mix or toss to coat in the sweet chilli sauce.
- Place each element in the middle of the table and serve.
For a spicier chicken add hot sauce, sriracha sauce or marinade, or use a yangnyeom Korean fried chicken sauce. Or use honey mustard, barbecue sauce, or Korean style honey butter for different sauce coatings.
For protein substitutions use tempeh, tofu, firm fish fillets or prawns, they all work well!
Heat the chicken and corn thoroughly and eat for lunch the next day.