Baked sweet and sour chicken drumsticks
Impress your family and friends with this easy, quick and tasty dish. Sweet and sour with a twist- it's baked. A sure fire favourite for many years.
- 1.5kg chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Oil for shallow frying
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 439g can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
Prepare the chicken:
- Spray a 10 x 15 inch baking dish with cooking oil spray.
- Heat oil in a shallow fry pan.
- Wash and pat dry chicken with paper towel, sprinkle with garlic salt all over.
- Dredge chicken in cornflour, then dip in beaten eggs.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Place in the baking dish. Set aside.
Prepare sweet and sour sauce:
Note: This can be made ahead and frozen.
- Mix together all the sweet and sour ingredients in a medium pot.
- Boil till sugar is dissolved.
- Pour on chicken.
- Bake at 150 deg. for 45-60mins.