- 2 onions finely sliced
- 2 Tablespoons oil (any)
- 4 small naan Bread (see recipe of store bought)
- 2 Tablespoons fruit chutney
- Small handful baby spinach
- 150g pack Tegel Tandoori Chicken Tenders
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- Naan Bread:
- 1 teaspoon sure bake yeast
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup lukewarm milk
- 2 cups high grade flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
1. Combine the onions with the oil in a shallow saucepan and gently cook for 20 minutes until the onion is tender.
2. Spread the naan bread with the chutney and then cover with onion and baby spinach leaves.
3. Arrange the chicken on top, sprinkle with cheese and then grill until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
4. If using store bought Naan bread, brush with melted butter (can use garlic butter) before adding toppings.
1. Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the milk. Leave to sit for 5 minutes until frothy.
2. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl, mix in the frothy milk, butter and yoghurt, mix well. The dough should come together without being too sticky. Add a little extra milk or flour as needed.
3. Turn the dough out of the bowl and knead until smooth and elastic.
4. Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and set aside in a warm spot until doubled in bulk – about 1 hour.
5. Divide the dough into 6 balls. Roll out into discs.
6. Heat a griddle or barbecue hot plate and cook naan until golden on each side and well cooked.
7. Brush with melted butter (can use garlic butter).