A Tex-Mex style tortilla with tasty spices and a hint of chilli, these fajitas use pre-cooked chicken for a quick and easy meal. Top with guacamole, sour cream and grated cheese for a vibrant and delicious family meal.
View the method
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups sliced Tegel hot cooked chicken
- 4 flour tortillas
- 100g sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 lime, quartered
Back to ingredients
- Heat the oil in a large frypan over a gentle heat, add the onion and garlic, cook until the onion is just tender.
- Add the spices, oregano and red pepper, sprinkle with salt and a generous grind of black pepper.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring to coat the onion with the seasoning.
- Add the Tegel hot cooked chicken to the pan and heat until piping hot, stirring regularly.
- Warm the tortillas either in the microwave or in a toasted sandwich press.
- Place a tortilla on each plate and then serve separate dishes of Tegel hot cooked chicken, sour cream, guacamole, cheese, coriander and lime wedges for self-assembly.
- Roll or fold the tortillas to enclose the fillings.