- 2 leeks, white part and a little into the green only, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced into 1.5cm chunks
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp dried
- 50g butter
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 125ml (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 1 pack of Original 300g Tegel Manuka Smoked Chicken Breast, chopped into small chunks
- 2 sheets (approx 750g) frozen butter puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
Combine the leeks, carrot, thyme and butter in a large frying pan and cook over a very gentle heat for 20 minutes until leeks are tender.
Add the mustard and flour to the frying pan. Stir through, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add the chicken stock and parsley, and bring to the boil, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
Stir through the sour cream and Manuka Smoked Chicken Breast. Season to taste.
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Spoon the filling into 4 x 1 ½ cup capacity pie dishes and cover with pastry. Seal the edges and brush with egg yolk. Prick the pastry twice to allow steam to escape.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
For more recipes and inspiration visit www.tegel.co.nz