Thai chicken with a twist
This twist on the traditional Thai chicken has the perfect balance between freshness and spiciness.
View the method
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp of red curry paste
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2.5cm of grated ginger
- 1kg chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces.
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 lemongrass sticks, thickly sliced
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 3 large Kaffir Lime leaves, torn in half to release maximum flavour
- 1 red capsicum or packet of green beans (par-boiled)
- Lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp Coriander (optional)
Back to ingredients
- Heat the pan and add the oils
- Fry the onions until golden.
- Add the curry paste and garlic and fry for a few minutes, adding a little water to caramalise.
- Grate the ginger over the pan and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until nearly done.
- Add the soy sauce and fish sauce, lemongrass and brown Sugar. Add a little more water to create a sauce.
- Add the capsicum or beans and cook further until the chicken is done.
- Lastly, squeeze a little lemon juice to taste over the dish and top with the coriander if using.
- Serve with steamed long grain rice.