- olive oil or cooking oil spray
- 12 small rice paper rounds (16cm diameter)
- 1/2 cup water, approx
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely shredded
- 2 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped lemon grass
- ½ chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Spray medium-sized muffin tins lightly with oil, or apply oil with a paper towel.
3. On a plate topped with water, soak rice paper rounds one at a time until soft (approx 45 seconds of total submersion in water). Then when pliable, drip dry to remove excess water and fit into the shape of each muffin tin mould, draping the edges over the side (which will help it retain its ‘cup’ shape when baking).
4. Bake for 10 minutes until crisp and slightly golden. Remove from oven.
5. In a bowl, combine all other ingredients: chicken, cabbage, carrot, red onion, lemon grass, chilli, coriander, lime juice and fish sauce. Mix well.
6. Remove rice paper cups from the muffin tin and fill each with a generous spoonful of chicken slaw.
7. Enjoy cold.
You can add some chopped peanuts to the chicken mixture for extra crunch.