Turkish Wonder Chicken
Memorably Mediterranean, and chock full of vegies, this is a mid-week wonder that’s quick to prepare.
- 4 single chicken breasts, skin on
- 12 baby potatoes, halved or quartered if larger
- 2 zucchini, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into thick strips
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 8 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 200g Mainland Creamy Feta, cubed
- Preheat oven to 180°C fanbake.
- Arrange chicken, potatoes, zucchini, peppers, olives and garlic in a single layer in a large roasting dish. Add stock.
- Mix oil with lemon juice and zest, spices, salt and pepper and drizzle over the chicken and vegetables. Scatter with feta.
- Bake uncovered until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender (about 45 minutes).
This recipe is easily halved for 2 people.
For a great antipasto mix, bake everything except the chicken, potatoes and stock in an 150˚C oven for about 40 minutes. Cool, then store in a jar in the fridge – delicious with bread or tossed through pasta or a salad.