Cherry chocolate clafoutis
In France the cherries used in this dish are usually un-stoned, which adds a delicious almondy flavour, though here I have stoned them for easier eating. A shallow quiche dish or similar is ideal for cooking the clafoutis and it’s served straight from the oven when lightly puffed and warm.
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 300 mL bottle fresh cream
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, melted
- 1 cup cherries, stoned
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Brush a shallow 4 cup-capacity ceramic or glass ovenproof dish with the melted butter.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and sugar into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and cream together until just combined. Add to the flour mixture and stir lightly, adding the melted chocolate at the end.
- Pour the batter in to the prepared dish and scatter over the cherries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the centre is just a little wobbly.
Serve warm with ice-cream.