Everyone loves chocolate brownies and these are sure to hit the spot. The trick is to know when to stop eating them!
View the method
- 225g butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- Icing sugar
Back to ingredients
- Melt the butter, chocolate and sugar over a low heat and leave to cool.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla essence, flour and cocoa.
- Stir to combine. Pour into a greased lined baking tin (approx. 26cm x 26cm) and bake at 180ºC for 35 minutes.
- The top will look a bit flakey when cooked.
- Cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.