Sally's special chocolate mud cake
"I have developed this recipe over time and add 'extras' from time to time. It is a very rich cake!"
- 6 eggs separated
- 75g brown sugar
- 250g 72% Coca Dark chocolate
- 300mls Cream
- A splosh of liquor if desired!
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C
- Grease a 20cm springform loose bottomed cake tin
- Melt chocolate either in the microwave or in a bowl over hot water. Allow to cool
- Whisk egg yolks with brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff
- Add the cream to the cooled chocolate
- Fold the egg yolks and sugar into the chocolate mixture and liquer if used
- Fold the egg whites into this mixture
- Pour into prepared tin which is on a baking sheet
- Cook for 40-50 mins til well risen and cracked on top. An inserted screwer should come out clean
- Allow to cool in the tin before removing the springform sides.
- The cake will sink once out of the oven but thats the idea!
- Leave it naked or decorate it as you wish!