Chocolate Zucchini Cake
A beautifully rich and decadent cake, simple to make and no one would guess the main ingredient! Avid veggie haters have been fooled into eating this one. Lasts for days, and can be wrapped in plastic wrap then frozen once cool.
View the method
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups rice bran oil
- 2 large zucchini, ends cut off, grated with skin on
- 1/4 cup large chocolate chips
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf tins.
- Mix your dry ingredients: Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa into a bowl, add salt and cinnamon, mix till combined.
- Mix your wet ingredients: Add eggs, oil, and grated zucchini to a new bowl, mix till combined.
- Mix together: fold your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients, with a wooden spoon, till just combined.
- Pour into your prepared tins and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 minutes until a knife inserted in the center is clean.