Farmbake chocolate mousse cups
The spooky season is here, and thanks to Arnott’s Farmbake Cookies we’re celebrating the right way with these Halloween-inspired chocolate mousse cups! This recipe is easy enough for your tamariki to help with, and will have the whole whānau licking their spoons clean.
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 cups of cream
- 1 cup of marshmallows
- Arnott’s Farmbake Cookies, half a pack
- Melted white chocolate, to decorate
- Jelly snakes, to decorate
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate, half of the cream and marshmallows over a saucepan of simmering water or in the microwave; melting in 30-second increments then stirring until melted and combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk or beat the remaining cream until it forms soft peaks, then add to the chocolate mixture and gently fold to mix.
- Use a food processor or rolling pin to crush the Arnott’s Farmbake Cookies. Sprinkle the crushed biscuits amongst 6-8 glasses, reserving a tablespoon for decorating.
- Divide the mousse mixture amongst the glasses, then cover and place into the fridge to set for 3 hours or overnight.
- To decorate, use white chocolate to write “RIP” to create a gravestone effect on additional Arnott’s Farmbake biscuits. Set in the fridge, then place on top of the mousse cups along with the remaining crushed biscuits and jelly worms to finish!
Top tip: This recipe can be made using your favourite Arnott’s Farmbake Biscuits! We used Triple Choc for an indulgent, chocolatey twist.