White chocolate passionfruit swirl cheesecake
"Come on people - you have got to try this! It is utterly delicious and does not require any baking. It is quite old school and fits the Kiwi taste profile really well I think. Gingernuts form the base and they provide a nice foil to the creamy filling. Food snobs beware - this is killer!"
- 1 packet of gingernuts
- 100gms butter
- 2 pots spreadable cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large block white chocolate, melted, plus extra to serve
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp passionfruit pulp or store-bought syrup, plus extra to serve
- Half a tin of condensed milk
- Put the gingernuts in the food processor and blitz to a crumb.
- Melt butter.
- Mix butter into the gingernut crumbs until well combined.
- Turn out into a greased springform tin.
- Compact the gingernut mixture into the tin using your hands and the bottom of a glass until well-pressed.
- Put the cream cheese into the clean food processor and mix for one minute until smooth.
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix in.
- Add the lemon juice. Mix in.
- Add the melted white chocolate (make sure it is not too hot).
- Fold through 2 Tbsp passionfruit and pour into the tin.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
Serve with white chocolate shavings and extra passionfruit pulp
Ka pai te kai!