Praline chocolate truffle cake
"Rich, decadent and delicious. Perfect for a dinner party as it will serve lots of people. Decorate it to be as extravagant as you wish, add your favourite liqueur, perfect for a birthday cake too. Recipe doesn't have to be followed perfectly either!! yay!"
- 75 g blanched almonds
- 50g caster sugar
- 250g Amaretti biscuits
- 1lb lots of dark chocolate
- 1 pint big bottle double cream
- 5 Tbsp glucose syrup
- Liqueur if you wish ( brandy/rum/tia maria etc)
- 50g cocoa
- Truffles or chocolate shapes
- Line a 10" spring loaded cake tin.
- Crush ammaretti biscuits, place on base of tin.
- Heat sugar in frying pan, add almonds.
- Coat and cook till browned.
- Remove from heat, crush and set to side.
- Melt chocolate, glucose syrup and maybe add liqueur, mix. Leave to cool.
- Whip cream till thick but floppy.
- Fold in to chocolate mixture.
- Add praline mix lightly.
- Pour on to base.
- Leave to set in fridge for 4 hours or even overnight.
- Loosen edges turn out on to plate.
- Decorate with cocoa powder, truffles, strawberries or chocolate curls.
- A simple effective decor is latticed cocoa using templates.