Sachertorte (german chocolate cake)
"Rich and decadent, turns out like a bought one!"
- 135 gm Chocolate Chips
- 165 ml Hot water
- 165 gm Butter
- 330 gm Brown Sugar
- 5 Eggs (separated)
- 200 gm Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 100 gm Ground Almonds
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 300ml Cream
- 300gr chocolate chips
- 4T butter
- Cream Butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add Melted chocolate, egg yolks and vanilla in small amounts at a time.
- Whip Egg Whites and salt till peaks form.
- Fold all dry ingredients into chocolate mix.
- Gently fold in meringue mix.
- Pour into greased and lined 9 inch cake tin.
- Bake at 165deg for approx 45 -55minutes.
- Melt together butter, choc and cream stirring constantly till all melted.
- Pour over cold sachertote then put aside to set.