Worlds Best Brownie
"Imagine the softest, gooiest brownie ever...now make it yourself!"
View the method
- 100g Butter
- 2 tsp vanilla essence (a good one!)
- 1 cup (NZ) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 400g dark choc, melted and cooled
- Icing sugar to dust
- 4 tsp instant coffee powder
- 70g chopped nuts
- 50g glace cherries
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the over to 180C, 350F. Lightly grease and line a 30 x 20 cm rectangular baking pan with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate carefully and leave to cool. This is crucial or you end up with bits of cooked egg in your brownie as you make it - yuck!
- Combine butter, vanilla essence and brown sugar in mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time and beat well until each combined.
- Add flour and any optional ingredients.
- Mix in cooled chocolate and pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until just firm. Remove from oven and leave in pan to cool.
- Lift out the baking paper, cut into squares, dust with icing sugar and serve. Makes about 20 3 x 3 cm squares.
- This also makes a great dessert with ice cream, cream or yoghurt.