Give this family-favourite pudding inspired by our much-loved Anzac biscuit a go tonight.
- 4-6 apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Pams Rolled Oats.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, or finely chopped hazelnuts
- 100 g butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Pile the apples into an 8 cup-capacity oven proof dish.
- Into a bowl put the flour, rolled oats, sugar and coconut or hazelnuts, rub in the butter or margarine and make a well in the centre. Stir together the golden syrup, boiling water, vanilla and baking soda; pour into the well and toss all the ingredient together.
- Scatter over the apples and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the apples are cooked and the crumble golden.