Apple and kiwifruit Anzac crumble
Who doesn’t love a humble crumble for dessert? The addition of kiwifruit makes for a delightfully delicious twist on the classic apple crumble. Paired with the Anzac biscuit crumble topping – this desert is truly mouth-watering and better yet it’s super easy to make!
- 6 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1tsp vanilla extract or essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 150g unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 green kiwifruit, peeled and diced
- Yoghurt or ice cream to serve, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 180°C fan bake. Place the diced apples, 1 Tbsp golden syrup, vanilla and ¼ cup of water in a saucepan, then set over a medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the apple is just tender, then set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, oats, coconut and brown sugar with a pinch of salt.
- Melt together the butter and remaining golden syrup in a saucepan or microwave, then stir to combine. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the cooled apples into a baking dish, then scatter the diced kiwifruit over the top. Top with the crumble mixture, then place into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Leave the crumble to cool for 5 minutes, then serve and enjoy.
TOP TIP: If you’re looking to try something a touch different, substitute the delicious green kiwifruit for equally fabulous feijoas or other delicious seasonal fruits.