Quick apple tart
This quick, smart, easy-to-make tart is delightfully stylish and tastes great.
- 1 sheet frozen pre-rolled flaky puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 apples, peeled and cored
- ½ cup sugar
- 25 grams very cold butter, grated
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the cold pastry sheet on the baking tray.
- Lightly score the sheet to create a 1cm border on all 4 sides.
- This will allow the pastry to puff up and form sides to the tart.
- Finely slice the apples and place them in overlapping rows on the pastry.
- Sprinkle evenly with the sugar.
- Scatter the butter on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- When the tart is nearly cooked, stir the apricot jam and water together.
- Once the tart is cooked, brush the glaze evenly on top.