Apricot and almond clafoutis
An elegant and sophisticated custardy dessert with tart apricot halves and toasted almonds. This clafoutis is made with a light batter that puffs up wonderfully when cooked, with a delicate sweetness and a glorious golden finish. It’s best served straight from the oven while still warm.
- 410g Pams Apricot Halves in Juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Pams cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or essence
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup Pams Sliced Almonds
- Preheat your oven to 180°C fan bake, then arrange the apricot halves in a greased pie or baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and vanilla until smooth. Sieve the flour into the wet ingredients, add the sugar and a pinch of salt, then whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter around the apricots, then scatter the almonds over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and puffed around the edges. Serve and enjoy.
Serve this fruity, French-inspired dessert with a scoop of heavenly vanilla ice cream for a delicious dessert any time of year.