Baked banana pudding
This is real comfort food for colder nights.
View the method
- 1¼ cups flour
- 2 heaped teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar or caster sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 100 grams butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- ¾ cup soft brown sugar
- ½ cup boiling water
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Lightly grease and line a 20cm square tine with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into
- a bowl and add the sugar. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together 1 peeled and mashed banana, the egg, milk, butter and the vanilla.
- Pour banana mixture into flour mixture and stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared tin.
- Peel and halve the remaining 2 bananas lengthwise. Cut into about 7cm pieces and arrange on top of pudding. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and pour in the boiling water over the back of a large spoon. (This allows for even distribution of the water).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool for about 5 minutes before eating. Serve with ice cream or pouring cream.