- 3 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- Rind of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 2-litre capacity ovenproof dish.
- Beat the egg yolks, caster sugar and lemon rind together until thick and pale.
- Fold in the flour, lemon juice and milk.
- Use clean electric beaters to beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold through the lemon mixture until well combined and spoon into the prepared dish.
- Place dish in a roasting pan and carefully pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan (not the pudding!) to come half way up the sides of pudding dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until golden.
Serve warm dusted with icing sugar and ice cream on the side.