Berry breakfast trifles
Feel like something a little more indulgent for breakfast than your stock standard buttered toast? Layered with the goodness of summer fruit, this trifle makes a nutritious and stylish start to the day.
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Pams Caster Sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 4 pre-made blueberry muffins, cut into chunks
- 500ml Greek-style yoghurt
- Pams Icing Sugar, to serve
- Place the orange juice, caster sugar and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Reserve a few berries to garnish the trifles. Gently stir the remaining blueberries and raspberries into the orange juice mixture.
- Divide the muffin chunks between 6 glasses. Top with the mixed berries and juice.
- Top with the Greek yoghurt and garnish with the reserved berries. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
- Add a little crunch with a sprinkle of homemade muesli or granola.
- If you don’t have fresh berries to hand, replace the berry and orange juice mixture with tinned fruit such as plums or apricots.