- 1L vanilla bean ice cream, softened
- 300g fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 75g Pams Finest Dark Chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- 1L rich chocolate ice cream
- Extra fresh or frozen cherries, to garnish
- Pams Icing Sugar, to dust
- ¾ cup Pams Flour
- 1 teaspoon Pams Baking Powder
- ½ cup dark cocoa
- 1½ cups Pams Caster Sugar
- 250g Pams Butter, melted
- 4 Pams Free Range Eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To make the brownies, preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease and line the base and sides of two 20cm springform cake tins.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa and sugar into a bowl. Add the butter, eggs and vanilla, mix to combine. Divide the mixture between the two tins.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the brownies spring back when touched. Cool in the tins for 15 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Remove both ice creams from the freezer and let stand for 10 minutes to soften slightly. Combine the vanilla ice cream with the cherries and chocolate.
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm springform cake tin with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm above the edge of the cake tin. Place one of the brownies in the bottom of the tin. Spoon the softened chocolate ice cream over the top, smoothing the surface. Place the second brownie on top of the ice cream, then spoon over the vanilla and cherry ice cream mixture. Smooth the surface. Cover with foil then freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove the cake from the tin. Top with extra fresh or frozen cherries and icing sugar to serve.
- To really impress, add 1-2 tablespoons of cherry liqueur to the vanilla ice cream mixture, and drizzle the finished cake with chocolate ganache.
- If you don’t have time to make the brownies, simply use store-bought chocolate sponge instead.