Boysenberry and apple crumble
"A traditional British desert with it origins dating back to around 1375. So easy to make yet so incredibly delicious. People always ask me for this receipt as it tastes so good. If a choice is given crumble is chosen. The simplicity and sweetness of the topping and the combination of fruits.. YUM!"
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 75 gms butter
- 6 sweet yet tarty apples like Braeburn
- 1 cup of boysenberries (any fruit really raspberries, peaches are also great combinations)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Soften butter then add flour and sugar. With clean fingers combine to make a crumble. Mix orange zest at this stage if using.
- Peel and slice apples and add boysenberries (or what other fruit you choose).
- Then sprinkle topping over the apple and boysenberry base.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Serve warm with ice cream and lashings of cream.